The Bulls are in a tough fight for the 8th and final Eastern Conference playoff slot. Can they do better? Let’s look at how some 4 man combos play
- Deng Hinrich Noah Rose no Miller 408 min +2 (2 points better than average per 48 min)
- Deng Hinrich Noah Salmons no Miller 198 min +4
- Deng Hinrich Rose Salmons no Miller 149 min +3
- Deng Noah Rose Salmons no Miller 553 min -1
- Hinrich Noah Rose Salmons 173 min +0.
- Deng Miller Salmons Hinrich 160 min +18
The quartet of Deng Miller Salmons Hinrich (with Gibson, Noah, Thomas or Rose) is great for the Bulls. They should use it more.
Another major problem for the Bulls is that they play poorly (19 points worse than average per 48 minutes) when Deng is out. Fortunately there are two decent lineups to play when Deng is out. Both the lineups below rest Deng and play at about an average NBA level.
- Hinrich, Johnson, Miller Salmons and Thomas
- Gibson, Hinrich, Miller Rose and Salmons.