The Jazz are 3-5, which is probably a worse record than most fans expected. After adjusting for strength of players facing Jazz, however, they have played 2 points better than average. The team, however, has many surprising strengths and weaknesses. Here are some key points.
- AK 47 and Millsap have been fantastic, especially on defense.
- Boozer, Brewer and Price have killed Jazz on defense.
- Williams has keyed offense
- Fesenko has played great and deserves more minutes. When he is in Jazz play 16 points better than average.
- In their limited time Maynor and Koufos have killed Jazz. The team plays 30 points (per 48 minutes) worse than average when either is in.
Some other interesting points (all numbers are per 48 minutes)
- AK47, Williams, Okur and Milsap in is great-Jazz play 40 points better than average with these 4 in.
- Williams and AK47 in does well 9 points better than average.
- Millsap, Williams and AK47 in i s great, 25 points better than average.
- Price in without AK47 is a disaster, Team Plays 43 points worse than average. But Price with Ak47 is 14 points better than average.
Best lineups are
- Brewer, AK47, Millsap, Okur and Williams 49 points better than average so far.
- Boozer Ak47 Millsap Price and Williams 41 points better than average.
- Starting lineup has played 1 point worse than average.